This Page has been entrusted to the heavenly care of
St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows, Passionist
Feast Day February 27th
We are grateful to the artist of this beautiful picture (featured above) who wishes to remain anonymous. Says she, "it is my little mission".
Novena to the Queen of Martyrs
O MOST holy and afflicted Virgin, Queen of Martyrs! Thou who didst stand motionless at the foot of the Cross, beneath thy dying Son - through the sword of sorrow which pierced thee then - through the unceasing suffering of thy life of sorrow, and the bliss which now amply repays thee for thy past trials and afflictions, look down with a mother's tenderness and pity on one who kneels before thee, who venerates thy sacred Dolors, and places his request, with filial confidence, in the Sanctuary of thy Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart. Present, I beseech thee, to Jesus Christ, in union with the infinite merits of His Passion and Death, thy sufferings at the foot of the Cross; and through the efficacy of both, obtain the grant of my petition. Amen.
Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Amen.
Nihil Obstat: Edwar A Cerny, S.S.,D.D., Censor Librorum
Imprimi Potest: William F. Mahoney S.J., Provincial, Maryland Province
Imprimatur: Most Reverend Francis P. Keough, D.D., Archbishop of Baltimore
"I have called myself the 'Immaculate Conception.'To you I call myself, 'Mother of the Sorrowful Heart' . This title willed by my Son, is dear to me above all others. According as it is spread everywhere, there will be granted graces of mercy, spiritual renewal and salvation."
(The Blessed Mother to Berthe Petit, March 25, 1912)
Seven Promises to Those who Meditate on
Our Lady's Tears and Dolors
According to St. Bridget of Sweden
The Blessed Virgin grants seven graces to the souls who honor her daily by saying seven Hail Marys while meditating on her tears and dolors:
1. "I will grant peace to their families."
2. "They will be enlightened about the Divine Mysteries."
3. "I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work."
4. "I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my Divine Son or the sanctification of their souls."
5. "I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives."
6. "I will visibly help them at the moment of their death--they will see the face of their mother."
7. "I have obtained this grace from my divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness, since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son will be their eternal consolation and joy."
Feast Day September 15th
The Seven Sorrows of Mary
The prophecy of Holy Simeon.
The flight into Egypt.
The loss of the Child Jesus in the temple for three days.
The meeting of Jesus and Mary on the Way of the Cross.
The taking down of the Body of Jesus from the Cross.